Saturday, March 22, 2008

Canine Massage, Chinese Style!


I had the first opportunity to incorporate some new acupressure techniques in today's canine massage. Beau is a mixed breed rescue that Elizabeth adopted from Houndhaven. Houndhaven is located in Mineola, Florida near Orlando. I've volunteered at their events and been extremely impressed by their facility, philosophy and honest concern for large, hard-to-place dogs. So it was a treat for me to work on shy and timid Beau (pictured on the left). Beau's 'brother' Buddy, wanted to get in on the massage, so Elizabeth showered affection on Buddy while Beau got his acupressure. Within minutes, Beau relaxed and let me show Elizabeth some healing strokes. We all were energized and feeling great at the end of the session. Elizabeth is interested in my 'Doggie Party Package' for doggie birthday parties and will be in touch soon!

0 comments: