Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Holidays Mark Another Milestone...

This time of year always makes me stop. Stop and think. Stop and compare. Then and now. And the promise of an even better future with the start of a brand-new year.
I'm always surprised at where Life takes me. Somehow, it's never where I thought I'd be! And always without exception, I'm surprised and grateful. Grateful for my loving family and all the beauty around me. Grateful for the health and strength that carries me throughout the day. Grateful for my friends, who are my best teachers, purely by their example.
The news events make me think the world has gone crazy. I struggle to make sense of the senseless. Senseless greed, senseless cruelty. And each day that I can reclaim my humanity, my spirit and my sense of appreciation, is a day well spent.
With a new grandchild soon to make her appearance on the world stage, and a loving, sweet grandson of twelve wise years, this grandmother looks to the future with anticipation and wonder. Still here, still enjoying Life's surprises. Laughing, loving and always grateful for the chance to appreciate the small miracles that bless and grace my life. Happy Holidays!

0 comments: