Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Map on the Wall, A Family Travelogue...


Last night I happened to see a travel show about China and the Great Wall. It brought back vivid memories of my two trips to mainland China. My career afforded me unique opportunities to travel the world. So much so, that I started a wall map to mark my venues. My youngest daughter was entering the business world, as I was ending my career. It became a bit of an international contest, with Mom marking red flags, and daughter marking blue flags. Sunni actually did business in Brazil long before I did the same. She, however, got to enjoy Rio, which I missed.

And she traveled to Australia, a place I would have loved to experience. But I sure had her beat with my extensive Asian travels. We called it even in Europe, but Central America was mine!

Now that she's looking forward to Motherhood, and I'm not traveling for business, we're both content to stay put for awhile. But you never know when that old Mother-Daughter travel competition may start up again - or maybe in time, it will become a Grandmother-Grandchild trip...Actually, I can't wait for that!

0 comments: