Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's All About the Girls!

Tuesday's are very special to me. That's the day I play golf with a wonderfully supportive group of women who have become role models in addition to friends. Tuesday golf is unlike the structured women's golf that is played here every Thursday. Tuesday's are for fun, sharing and connecting. Yes, scores do count. Rules are followed. Every putt is counted. And wagers are made before the round. But this group is special. We talk about politics, health and grandchildren. Our previous lives, too, including career, childraising and charity work. Most importantly, many of these women have already been where I am first going. They are steps in front of me on the path of Life and are generous in sharing their experiences. For this, I am very grateful. It helps me feel less alone in growing old and more appreciative of Life in general. So, I celebrate the Tuesday Sisterhood and their winning ways - both on and off the course! Pictured above, two comely golfers ready to play in last year's member-guest tourney.

0 comments: