Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday, Sunday...

I really love Sunday mornings. It's a chance to choose my own time to rise and enjoy the day. Just knowing I have no appointments or 'have-to's' always make it special.

The dogs know it's Sunday, too. Just today, Brandee~Cherie put her little paws on the side of the bed, wanting to get cozy on this quiet morning.
After grabbing a cup of coffee, I always head out to the patio, clad in my bathrobe. Our patio is perched high on a hill, overlooking the tree-lined 17th fairway. The view is unobstructed and expansive. I breathe deeply of the crisp, clean air and immediately relax.

Often, there will be wildlife preparing for their day of foraging. Shadows of large birds lazily intersect on the fairway below. Sandhill cranes and countless squirrels abound. Because our backyard is up so high, we have the illusion of being up in the trees. Often, the birds are parallel to our line of sight. There are always treats from Nature to be experienced and enjoyed.

There's a calm here, a stillness that I've felt from the first day we visited this community. For me, it becomes easier to regain perspective when Nature is so close. Maybe my next move will be a log cabin in the woods!

0 comments: